In 2004, Shari woke up with a dream to run a marathon and she said to herself "don't even think about going back to sleep - get up, get dressed, go run."
And she did.
That first day, she ran 1/2 mile.
The next day, 1 mile.
Soon she was up to 5 miles regularly. At the time, Shari was an IT Director supporting 150 computers and 7 servers in 10 office and 2 states by herself - and the president of the company refused to get her any help. She was taking between 10-12 ibuprofen every day to deal with the headaches and stress she felt.
And she thought she would die before she was 40. She had good reason to believe this.
Her brother Steve died at 36 years old from a stroke in 1997.
3 years later, her mom died of lung cancer at 59 years old.
4 years after that, her older sister died in a head-on collision on the freeway at 39 years old.
Half her family died in 7 short years. Running the marathon was Shari's way to claim her life and change the direction of where she was going. Coming across the finish line of the Seattle marathon in November, 2004 - Shari felt strong emotions for life lost, and gained. Massage School changed her life She got her first massage as part of her training for the marathon and the minute hands were laid upon her back, it was an epiphany that massage was what she was looking for her whole life - not as a career, but for her own health. Over the course of marathon training, she began getting weekly massages and decided to join Bodymechanics School of Myotherapy & Massage in 2005, ...
- Outstanding technique education
- Stellar marketing comprehension
- Exceptional communication skills
- Critical thinking skill development
- Bodymechanics Training Center
- Advanced Training Center
- Network of Businesses
- Integrated Structural Therapist certificate program
- Ascension program
- STEP program
- Aggressive schedule for continuing education
- Destination continuing education program
- In-house injury treatment book
- Professional video productions
- Personal training school
- Annual business summit
- Student and professional marketing done-for-you
- Massage Business Accelerator
- Plus more!
- 2 siblings who died in their 30's
- Mom who died at 59
- My younger sister was diagnosed with Breast Cancer 1 month after I graduated from massage school
- My "job" as an IT Director was too stressful
- I suffered from daily headaches, taking 10-12 ibuprofen everyday for relief
- I knew I wanted to be my own boss
- I was ready to throw off the "golden handcuffs" of a job I both loved and hated
- Most were not prepared to handle the number of massages required to perform in most clinics and spas around the country and how to avoid getting injured.
- Most were not prepared to run their own businesses - rather they were prepared to become an employee.