- This event has passed.
Vancouver: Ethics of Personal/Professional Boundaries
May 19, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$100
Massage Continuing Education
Bodymechanics School of Myotherapy & Massage
Personal and Professional Boundaries
As a massage therapist, we face potentially uncomfortable or inappropriate situations. Knowing how to handle yourself when faced with an uncomfortable or inappropriate situation, could save you countless hours of stress and worry as you navigate a solution.
With this workshop, Personal and Professional Boundaries, our goal is to engage in conversation around potentially problematic situations and role-play solutions.
This course supplies tools for s for developing an ethical personal and professional relationships. At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- State reasons why personal and professional boundaries is important to your massage practice.
- State how lack of self-awareness can lead to ethical violations.
- Describe ethical practice issues that may arise – such as client name-dropping, libel or slander comments.
- Role-playing activities related to boundary issues.
- Problematic client relationship issues, firing a client
- Develop a personal and professional plan of action, based on your ethics
This 4-hour CE class, which meets the Washington State requirement for ethics, including roles and boundaries, takes an in-depth look at ethical business practices.