- This event has passed.
Tumwater – Intraoral Massage CE
July 14, 2018 - July 15, 2018$350
Bodymechanics Continuing Education
Intraoral Massage Continuing Education
This class prepares you not only to receive the state’s intraoral endorsement, but also to offer your clients excellent work in intraoral and anterior neck work. In this class, we will:
- Review anatomy of the face, anterior neck, cranial base and TMJ
- Evaluate postural considerations of the upper thoracic region, neck, face and skull and understand their role in TMJ dysfunction
- Learn fundamental assessment of the jaw and anterior neck and perform techniques to bring balance to your client
- Apply MFR techniques to the jaw and anterior neck to improve ROM at TMJ and to decrease stress on the TMJ
- Perform cervical mobilization techniques
- Learn intraoral massage techniques to the muscles affecting the TMJ
- Learn specialized intake, hygiene and client management skills that are necessary when working in such a vulnerable area
Each therapist receives a detailed handout as a reference for practice.
At the end of class, each therapist will receive their intraoral endorsement application form from the instructor to be submitted to the WA State Dept of Health to obtain their intraoral endorsement. Instructions are on the form and are easy to follow.
What to Bring: Set of sheets; pillow or bolster; wear loose clothing.
Call (360) 350-0015 to register or click here to register and pay online ==> Intraoral Workshop