- This event has passed.
Tumwater: Ethics and Scope of Practice
July 21, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$100
Massage Continuing Education
Bodymechanics School of Myotherapy & Massage
Ethics and Scope of Practice
As a massage therapist, we face potentially uncomfortable or inappropriate situations. Knowing how to handle yourself when faced with an uncomfortable or inappropriate situation, could save you countless hours of stress and worry as you navigate a solution.
With this workshop, Ethics and Scope of Practice, our goal is to engage in conversation around potentially problematic situations and role-play solutions.
This course supplies tools for s for developing an ethical professional massage practice. At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- State common Scope of Practice scenarios massage therapists encounter
- State how lack of self-awareness can lead to ethical violations.
- Understand roles and responsibilities for those with dual licensure
- Describe three ways to identify and evaluate best practices for ethics and scope of practice
- Problematic scope of practice and dual licensure scenarios
- Develop a personal and professional plan of action, based on your ethics
This 4-hour CE class, which meets the Washington State requirement for ethics, including roles and boundaries, takes an in-depth look at ethical business practices.