- This event has passed.
Tumwater: Ethics in Peer-to-Peer Relationships
November 17, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$100
Massage Continuing Education
Bodymechanics School of Myotherapy & Massage
Ethics in Peer-to-Peer Relationships
As a massage therapist, we face potentially uncomfortable or inappropriate situations. Knowing how to handle yourself when faced with an uncomfortable or inappropriate situation, could save you countless hours of stress and worry as you navigate a solution.
With this workshop, Ethics in Peer-to-Peer Relationships, our goal is to engage in conversation around potentially problematic situations and role-play solutions.
This course supplies tools for s for developing an ethical professional massage practice. At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Verbalize understanding of ethical peer-to-peer and business relationships
- State how lack of self-awareness can lead to ethical violations.
- Understand when you are required to report a violation to the Department of Health
- Role-playing activities to identify unhealthy professional relationships
- When to through the red flag
- Develop a personal and professional plan of action, based on your ethics
This 4-hour CE class, which meets the Washington State requirement for ethics, including roles and boundaries, takes an in-depth look at ethical business practices.