- This event has passed.
Tumwater: Ethical Business Practices
March 24, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$100
Massage Continuing Education
Bodymechanics School of Myotherapy & Massage
Ethical Business Practices
As a massage therapist, we face potentially uncomfortable or inappropriate situations. Knowing how to handle yourself when faced with an uncomfortable or inappropriate situation, could save you countless hours of stress and worry as you navigate a solution.
With this workshop, Ethical Business Practices, our goal is to engage in conversation around potentially problematic situations and role-play solutions.
This course supplies tools for s for developing an ethical professional massage practice. At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- State three reasons operating an ethical business practice is important.
- State how lack of self-awareness can lead to ethical violations.
- Describe the ethical employer / employee relationship.
- Describe three ways to identify and evaluate nature of employment or contract status.
- Problematic client relationship issues, firing a client
- Develop a personal and professional plan of action, based on your ethics
This 4-hour CE class, which meets the Washington State requirement for ethics, including roles and boundaries, takes an in-depth look at ethical business practices.