Bodymechanics School instructors are excited to teach the next generation of exceptional massage therapists. We are searching for a team member who believes that classes should be fun and engaging while following the designed curriculum. Bodymechanics Massage Theory & Practice instructors will perform a variety of routine duties, as needed, to teach massage, body work/therapy or therapeutic massage or other therapy which involves manipulation of the muscle and connective tissues of the body in the classroom and in the lab, using a variety of teaching methods such as lectures and demonstrations and using audiovisual and technological aids to supplement the presentations
We are seeking a passionate and motivated individual to assist students in reaching their career goals with this very important subject. We have morning and evening positions available.
- Provide an engaging and orderly classroom atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Follow daily lesson plans
- Utilize a variety of educational delivery methods
- Engage in the Bodymechanics School community
- Provide supervision for lab activities
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude in order to set example for students
- Administer exams and maintain an accurate grade book
- Attend staff meetings
- Understand and follow school policies and procedures
- Ensure proper utilization of tests and instructor resources by publishers.
- Monitor student grades/attendance and input on a daily basis.
- Follow FERPA, OSHA and HIPAA regulations.
- Follow and enforce COVID-19 Protocols as dictated by the CDC and the Washington State DOH
- Per DOH and WTECB requirements, Bodymechanics instructors MUST be vaccinated
- Duties as assigned
Must have at least two years of field experience in instructional discipline. Previous instructor experience preferred.
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Our commitment to excellence in the classroom shows through our highly trained educators – we will require new instructors to attend our 32-hour Massage Therapy Instructor training course within the first year of employment.
What do we provide?
- Massage Therapy Instructor training (32 hours CE) FREE
- Subject specific mentorship and training
- Subject specific team development across all campuses – meet your peers at our other campuses and learn from them!
- Professional development – want to create your own CE course? We can help you build it, promote it and teach it!
- $400 annually towards CE courses not sponsored by Bodymechanics School
- A community of like-minded educators who are passionate about the next generation of massage therapists
- A clear pathway towards professional development
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to dawn (at) bodymechanics-school (dot) com