Sports massage at Capital City Marathon
Once again, Bodymechanics School of Myotherapy & Massage will be providing sports massage to finishers of the Capital City Marathon, 1/2 Marathon and 5-mile races.
We have a long history with the race, and are pleased to once again be offering free massages to the participants. This is an exciting time for the students who often are getting their first interaction with athletes who have participated in an event of this magnitude.
In the past, we have performed upwards of 300-400 massages on race day.
If you plan on getting a free student massage, here are some guidelines for you:
- Walk around, cool down and change your clothes prior to getting your massage
- Eat something – we don’t want you passing out on our table.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Complete your brief intake so that we have an idea of your medical history.
- If you fill out the intake, and then walk around, be sure to check back when you’re told the approximate wait so that you get your massage
- Breathe, relax and let go during your massage.
- If it is raining, we will have awnings to keep you dry.
Remember, they are students. Feedback is much appreciated to help them be better therapists. They are very much inspired by your run and enjoy hearing how it went for you. Feel free to share 🙂
Congrats on your decision to run and we look forward to helping you this weekend.